Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Let the painting begin


Day 1 of painting began today. I ended up with paint on the carpet (thankfully we were able to get it off), paint on Mulder's paw (still working on getting that off) and paint on parts of the wall that weren't supposed to be painted! :) Oh well, that's what touch up paint is for!

I was excited to get started! Karen and Kathy came over to help me. Eric was happy and thankful that they came to help so he could avoid all the "fun"!

We started by painting the wall the crib will be on pink. It's the wall on the right when you walk in the room. It's very pink! But I think we all agreed that it looked good. 4 walls of that color, however, would have been too much. Mom, you will be happy to know that Karen did all of the ladder work for that wall. I just painted along the trim on the bottom.


Kathy was kind enough to trace all of the circles on the other 3 walls (poor Kathy) and we started painting them. There are a LOT of circles! We definitely realized that this is going to be a multiple day project, but we got a good start. It takes patience to paint these circles. The picture on the left is a glimpse of what it is looking like. I'm really excited with the result so far.


I had to include this last picture too - Eric came by to help us clean up and Kathy snapped this photo of him. Look at the smirk! I think he is thinking, "ha! So glad I managed to get out of this one!"