Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Saturday, July 31, 2010

First Trip to the Grocery Store

Last Sunday, Kaitlyn went to the grocery store with me for the first time! Eric usually watches her while I go alone. But since I've been working too much, I wanted all the time I could get with her over the weekend. And it worked out because Eric needed to mow the lawn. So he did that while I went to the store.

It took me an inordinate amount of time to get her in the cart. I had to put down the cart cover and get her secured. I made sure she had some toys and something to chew on. And of course, on the way to the store she pooped and I had to change her diaper before we went in. (On the bright side, I suppose that was better than having to change it in the middle of the shopping adventure).

Kaitlyn was a hit at the store. She got a hug from a grandma and lots of "look at the baby." She really enjoyed looking around at the sites, but was a little annoyed to be sitting backwards. She spent most of her time looking behind her at where we were going. She protested a little during the adventure, so I rushed a little at the end. But all in all, it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment