Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Frozen on Ice

Awhile back I had seen that Disney on Ice was coming to town.  I looked up the tickets but decided against it since it was actually Frozen and at the time Hailey was super into Mickey Mouse and neither was into Frozen.  

The week of the show, Hailey's teacher told me that Hailey was singing "Let it Go" in class! And at home she randomly started to play with the Elsa doll that Grandma gave the girls for Christmas.  I brought up going to the show but we weren't sure how Kaitlyn would react at such a large event.  Not to mention the fact that she wouldn't go potty in public.  So I was afraid we would get all the way down there and then she would insist that we had to leave so she could go potty.  In the end, I just went with Hailey.

[Side bar - fast forward and all of a sudden these girls are obsessed!  They love the movie and sing-a-long. Hailey in particular wants to wear the clothes and loves the various merchandise (Hello Kitty is still #1 in Kaitlyn's book).  We listen to the music in "momma's car" and every night these girls want to watch the movie over and over and over...]  

So anyway, the show was actually on Easter Sunday in the afternoon.  Hailey was so excited.  On the way down we listened to the Soundtrack for the first time and got to our seats just when the show was about to begin. Here was the view from our seats:


I tired to take some selfies, but H was pretty solemn faced at the beginning.  She sat on my lap most of the time but was pointing and super excited when Mickey and Minnie came out to introduce the show.  "Let it Go" came on right before intermission and Hailey announced that she wanted to go home.  I decided that we should consider it a victory and head back.  At that point I realized I didn't have any pictures so tried to snap a few. 


Look at this big girl leaving - so independent!



All in all a really good experience and I hope that next time we can do it all together as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment