Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mom Camp

In July, I got to go back to Camp Allen, where I spent some summers when I was a kid.  I had such a great time.  Rachel and Stephanie went with me and it was nice to get away.  Also the activities were pretty fun as well!  I can't wait to go back.


On the first night we played Bunco. If you rolled a bunco you got to wear the boa.  I rocked the boa!


My first activity was skeet shooting.  I really only signed up for this one because of Rachel but then there was a scheduling snafu and I went by myself.  But let me tell you, I loved it!  Was terrified but it was exhilarating.



And look - video proof that I actually hit a target!



That afternoon I did the ropes course.  It was super tough and super high.  I was terrified and glad when it was over.  It was definitely physically and mentally challenging.



And it ended in a zip line.  My first and was something I wanted to do.  Weeeeeeee!


We had lots of fun in the evenings sitting and drinking some too ;)  we had 20 years to catch up on!


And I bonded with Larry the Liriope which was in the center of our rocking chair circle.


The last day I did the Giant Swing.  Another terrifying but super fun experience.




It felt like we were so much higher than this looks.  They pulled us back with a truck and we had to hold on and tell them when to stop.  If I was by myself I think I would have lasted 5 seconds but luckily I had someone to push me a bit further.  There is a lull at the beginning of the video because we had to physically let go of the rope and I was saying to my partner, "now wait, what??"  And yes... the scream is me.



No comments:

Post a Comment