Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Déjà vu

Man, last night was reminiscent of the first couple months of Kaitlyn's life. We put her down at 7 to go to sleep. She didn't go to sleep but was content to just play in her bed. Around 9, she was crying and really upset so I decided to go in and check on her. It turns out that the battery in her music box died, so I changed it. I went ahead and changed her diaper and put her back in bed. She calmed down, but didn't go to sleep.

Eric and I were in bed by 10 (pathetic, I know!) and Eric agreed to stay up until she fell asleep. At 11, she still wasn't asleep so he put her in the swing. We haven't used that much lately. The last time was when she was sick but before that we hadn't used it for months! She fell asleep in the swing and he was able to move her to her crib. And she went to sleep!

Something woke me up at 4. It turns out, she was crying and up in her bed. So I went in and tried changing her diaper again. This time I noticed she was cold. I felt horrible. The temperature had dropped and our heater didn't come on. She wasn't dressed warmly enough. So I changed her, adjusted the temperature and put her in the swing. She fell asleep. I didn't have Eric's luck though, so when I went to move her to the bed she woke up and started standing again.

I waited until 6 and decided to give her a bottle. She drank it and I put her back in bed. She cried but I decided to let her cry it out. I didn't want her up at 6 am! She finally fell asleep and slept until 9 am. Ugh, what a night! How did we used to do this all of the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment