Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All Disney-ed Out

We are home from our 8 day/7 night trip to Orlando and man, am I pooped! I usually come home from vacation needing another just to rest but this one takes the cake! We visited 7 parks over the course of 5 days. We hit the 4 main Disney parks, 1 Disney water park and the 2 Universal Studios parks.

And while I saw plenty of mommies-to-be at the parks, theme parks are not that mommy-t0-be friendly. A vast majority of the fun rides have restrictions that prohibit pregnant women from getting on, so that left me to wander the park looking for something less-fun to do. At least I had plenty of time for snacks and dessert (averaged 2 a day!). I figure all that extra eating was countered by the INSANE amount of walking.

In spite of that, I did have a good time. Here are some highlights:
  • We saw Bruce Bowen in the airport on the way to Orlando. He was on the same flight with his family and we even saw him again the next day at Magic Kingdom. He glared at me at the airport. I was trying to take pictures with my cell phone. I think it was the "I'm with my family, will you leave me alone" glare.
  • Disney gave me a button to wear on my birthday that said "it's my birthday" and my name. That meant that the employees were supposed to wish me a happy birthday. I said if I got to 50 wishes, I was going to take it off. I think I only got to 18.
  • The Soarin' ride at Epcot - I was super excited because it was something that sounded really fun and no restrictions for me. It was cool and even a bit scary! Some of that roller coaster thrill without being on a roller coaster.
  • Muppet Vision 3D at Hollywood Studios - it just doesn't get better than the Muppets!
  • High School Musical and Beauty and the Beast shows at Hollywood Studios - singing, dancing - need I say more?
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - at Universal Islands of Adventure. There was very little for me to do there so I went to the kiddie park. This ride ended up being kinda entertaining but it was funny when I walked up all by myself and the attendant asked "2?" Uh, no - just 1. I guess most adults don't ride alone...
  • The Magic Kingdom experience - truly is a magical place.

No comments:

Post a Comment