Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Friday, May 1, 2009

Maternity Clothes



Today is my first day to wear maternity clothes. I put in an order at oldnavy.com and I received it yesterday. I was shooting for the "staples." Here's what I got:
  • Jeans - but they don't fit over my rear. They came in normal pre-pregnancy sizes. I should have known they wouldn't fit because normal old navy jeans never fit me. I think I'm going to try and exchange for a bigger size. I guess the question is - go up one size or two?

  • Jean skirt - super cute. The skirt goes right to or my knees and is stretchy - so super comfy. It has a "full panel" so goes up over the big belly (when I get the big belly). But for now, I folded that over to help keep the skirt in place. That's what I'm wearing today with a normal shirt that's kinda loose/balloony/long.

  • Cute black dress made of jersey material - that's a picture of it to the right. It has a little tie in front but came untied and I have no idea how to tie it the way it is shown. I'll just have to do a cute bow. This dress screams "I'm pregnant." But I also think it's one of those dresses if anyone put it on, people would suspect. So I'll save it for when I'm ready to make that statement. I think, even though it is black, it will be a nice summer dress to wear. Hopefully I can swing it in Disney.

  • A pair of shorts - these are kinda weird though because they are the type that are meant to go under the belly. So they are way low in the front. More Disney stuff.

  • Simple shirt - as I said, was going for the staples.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! The dress looks adorable. Can't wait to see the belly pictures start. Oh yes, I am demanding belly pictures (clothed of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally don't think that the dress screams that you are pregant, it is cute! - Jenny

    ReplyDelete