Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Best Flower Girls Ever!

On Saturday the girls were blessed to be in Shelley's wedding as Flower Girls.  On Saturday morning Hailey woke up with a fever!  EEEEKS!  She had gotten her 4 year old shots on Friday and I guess she had a reaction.  She was tired and layed on the couch but said that she felt fine.  In fact, when I told her she had a fever she cried.  I guess it was really her first fever since she understood and maybe she was scared?  It was cute, although I felt bad for her.  Luckily, the fever broke and she wanted to go to the wedding so we decided to go ahead and try to go with her.

Originally the girls were going to get their hair done with Shelley but Shelley called that day and said that if they wanted to do it they had to get there at 2.  Since the wedding wasn't until 5pm, I decided to decline and said I would curl Kaitlyn's hair.  Unfortunately that didn't work.  She cried and protested and my 2 attempts at curls fell flat!!!  So I decided a good brush was as good as it was going to get.  I did spend a lot of time on Hailey's hair - making a frizz free ponytail and then curling it.  Unfortunately, her curls didn't hold very well either but at least it wasn't frizzy!

Here is a pic right before we got in the car to leave.


And look at this pretty girl all dressed and ready to go!


And Kailyn too! And look, she wore the tights!! I was a little nervous that she would refuse.  We had backup ruffle socks but I thought that the tights would look better.


There is the other flower girl.  I wonder if the girls would have worn cowboy boots??




This was where she told me, "Mom, no more pictures!"




So the original plan was for me to leave the girls inside and sit down right before they started seating the family members.  But there was a little too much chaos going on inside so I decided to stay with the girls to make sure they got off OK.  And look at them!  So cute!  Their sign says "here comes your bride."



The other flower girl was supposed to be a good 10 feet back from them but I guess they opted for "flower girl by committee."  And Hailey was really distracted by the flowers she was throwing on the ground.  At least they didn't stop to see the fishies in the pond!



Oh, and Kaitlyn got to be a part of the ceremony too! The priest asked her to come up and said to pretend that she was their first born child.  Then he went into a story about the importance of family.  It was cute.  He even told everyone how he asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up... and she said to be a grown up!  She liked standing up there.  Look at her!


A nice looking bridal party!



We survived!  The reward - Froot Loops!  The girls were such troopers.  It almost made me wonder why we have never brought them to a wedding....almost.


When the dancing started, you couldn't keep this one of the dance floor.  Such a ham!  I knew she would love it.



Hailey wouldn't dance.  She said she didn't want people looking at her.  But when Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" came on she said, "Mom, it's my song."  So I grabbed her and we danced together.


What a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment