Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

12 weeks - my second dr visit

Today was my 2nd visit to the doctor and I was fully expecting one of the following to happen:

1. To get a slight lecture regarding the amount of weight I have gained, or
2. To find out that I am carrying twins.

Well, neither of those happened! No comments about my weight at all.

Pretty uneventful visit. I got to hear the heartbeat. My own heart stopped for a minute when it took her a little while to find the heartbeat. But when she did - it was pretty cool. 160 beats per minute!

I also asked her about the fact that I've been so persistently congested and sneezy. She recommended I take antihistamines. I said that I had been hesitant - that even though she said they were safe, were they safe for everyday use? She said I should really take something like Claritin consistently for a couple days to see if that helps.

Next visit is May 29th. I think that visit (16 weeks) will just have some blood work/screening. The visit after that (20 weeks) will be the biggie where we get to see the ultrasound and find out the sex.

1 comment:

  1. I got a serious weight lecture once with Carlin. But then again I had gained 12 pounds in ONE month in the beginning of my pregnancy too when you're not really supposed to gain a lot. I guess I deserved it!

    I'm glad your Dr. didn't lecture :)

    ReplyDelete