Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Doh!

I haven't been eating enough green stuff lately. So when I saw today that the HEB meal deal included a bagged salad, I thought that would be a perfect way to get some green stuff in. It wasn't until I poured the ENTIRE bag of lettuce into a bowl, poured the dressing and croutons on, and tossed it that I thought, "oh wait, I can't eat Caesar dressing." And sure enough, right there on the bag ingredients - egg yolks. :(

That is right up there with my craving for hot dogs last weekend. I had a mad craving for a chili cheese coney at Sonic last Sunday but knew there was something about hot dogs that made them off limits. I went home and read my book to find out that some hot dogs have nitrates and nitrites that make them no-no's. That same day for Eric's birthday, his mom was cooking hamburgers and hot dogs. She cooks Hebrew National kosher hot dogs. I thought if any hot dogs were safe - these would be. I was very disappointed to get there and read the package. No hot dog for me :(

1 comment:

  1. If you are worried at the nitrates, that means no bacon either :(

    ReplyDelete