Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Thursday, September 24, 2009

33 Week Doctor Visit

I had a doctor appointment today. All was well - blood pressure, baby's heart rate, my measurements - all as they should be. I was relieved to get some positive feedback regarding my sugars. All signs indicate that I have the gestational diabetes under control. Wshew!

I asked what the "plan" was for the rest of the pregnancy. I was interested if they would want to automatically induce (to prevent the baby from getting too big) or if they would go off of an ultrasound to determine size and then potentially induce if she was getting too big. I was relieved to hear that we are taking the "wait and see" approach. The doctor indicated that if all goes well and I keep my sugars under control, there is no reason to believe that I can't carry the baby to term. They will keep an eye on me to see how I am week to week and assuming nothing is out of the ordinary, we will wait for the baby to come on her terms. That was exactly what I wanted to hear!

1 comment:

  1. Way to be proactive!

    Hope the rest of your weeks fly by with no problems!

    ReplyDelete