Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Kindness of Strangers

I just ran into a lady in the elevator who felt the need to say, "wow, looks like your little one has blessed you with swollen ankles!"

Gee lady, thanks! Of all the things she could comment on? And silly me thought that surely my feet and ankles look worse to me than to anyone else. What if I always have fat ankles? How rude!

The picture on the left - I removed my shoes a little so you could see the indentations. It must be said that I've been wearing these shoes for 3 months now. I have these and a pair in brown. Flip flops with some cushion, so they do offer some support. This pair were pre-pregnancy and don't really fit anymore. Even if I could fit my foot all the way forward (which I can't due to the swelling), my new longer foot would hang off the back.

The picture on the right - this is what the lady could see. OK, so maybe it is a little bad and obvious...

No comments:

Post a Comment