Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Saturday, January 30, 2010

12 Weeks

Can you believe Kaitlyn is 12 weeks old already? I cannot believe it! I almost cannot remember life before her.

I survived my first 2 weeks back at work. I picked the busiest time to go back, so it has been pretty tough. At times I have thought that there is no way this will work. It is really tough being a working mom! I miss being with her all the time. It is a shock to the system to go from that to maybe seeing her for an hour or two at night. And when we get home, we have to wash bottles and get her stuff ready for the next day. It is also tough to get up in the middle of the night with her. Although I do enjoy that extra time with her!

Mornings are tough. It is a struggle to get to work on time. We pretty much let her set her own schedule. So some days she eats with Eric before he goes to work, some days I have to find time to feed her after I get up and other days she doesn't eat until she gets to Grandma's house. Each day is a little different and some definitely go better than others! Luckily I have an understanding boss.

Lately, she only gets up once around 2 or 3 am. Since Eric puts her to bed, I get up with her the first time. She's gotten really good about eating and going back to sleep quickly. Only a few times in the last 2 weeks has she woken up a second time. That one is Eric's turn.

Pumping has really been a challenge. I have to leave my desk and go to another floor where there is a locked room that I can use. That isn't very convenient considering I have a ton of work to do. I try to bring work with me to do but I've noticed that sometimes it seems like I waste too much time finding work to bring and packing it up. There is also another girl who pumps. I asked to find out her schedule so I can avoid those times, but I find that sometimes she deviates from her plan. More than once at the end of the work day, I have gone longer than I wanted to between pumping times. I get caught up in something and before I know it, it is 7pm. I just want to hurry up and get home, so rather than staying there to pump - I leave. But then I get home 20-30 minutes later and I'm starving and I desperately need to pump.

Well, 2 weeks down!

No comments:

Post a Comment