Babies Bork

Babies Bork

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2 Month Visit and Shots

I took Kaitlyn to the doctor today for her 2 month well visit. She now weighs 9 lbs 4 oz and is 22 inches. I did get a "good job mom" but we have a few things to work on.

The doctor said she was skinny - in the 25th percentile range. The doctor thinks she is getting enough ounces of formula but must be burning extra calories with her breathing. In order to get her more calories, we are now adding 1/2 scoop of formula per bottle. That is in addition to the rice cereal we are already adding. I just gave her the first feeding with the added formula and it went pretty well... so far so good.

She commented that Kaitlyn was "really dry," so recommended we start putting Eucerin lotion on her 4-6 times a day. I guess the beneficial side effect of that is that our hands will also benefit from that extra lotion. Because man, are my hands dry lately with the dry air and all the extra hand washing and antibacterial stuff.

She also recommended that we follow up with the ENT surgeon that saw Kaitlyn in the NICU. Nothing of great concern - just to give us some peace of mind and to make sure things are progressing as he thought they would. I made an appointment when I got home and the first available was February 10th.

Kaitlyn did really well with her shots. She got 3 and of course, she cried right away. But I was able to calm her down pretty quickly afterwards and before we left the office she was sleeping again. My angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment